Medal Display Technicians (Fixed Term)
The Navy Museum in Devonport has an opportunity for two Display Technicians to work on a medal mounting project on a full-time, 6 week fixed term contract basis. We are looking for trustworthy and self-motivated individuals who have experience with object handling. We will also consider applications from suitable candidates who are available part-time.
The Navy Museum is the kaitiaki of the Royal New Zealand Navy’s heritage and memory. We are a repository for medals awarded to New Zealand naval service personnel and are currently working to improve our medal displays. The Display Technicians will be responsible for preparing and sewing down medals.
We are looking for individuals who have the following skills and experience:
• Object handling and/or display preparation experience
• Manual dexterity
• Security conscious and able to maintain attention to detail whilst undertaking repetitive tasks
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Good understanding of museum handling and conservation principles
To apply: please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: ‘Display Technician (Fixed Term)’.
For further information, please contact Caroline Ennen on (09) 4455187 or at the email address above.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 2nd November 2020.
Please note: Successful applicants will be employed on a fixed term basis by the Royal New Zealand Navy Museum Trust Board Incorporated and must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
• Preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five (5) years, OR
• Is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one of more of the following countries for the last five (5) years; either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.