We believe learning happens at all ages and in a variety of ways. We aim to be both a collaborator and dynamic resource for your student’s learning.
We offer programmes that look at how the navy operates, what it’s like to be a sailor, our naval history interwoven with New Zealand’s social history. Each programme we develop takes a cross-curricular approach to learning.
Working alongside teachers we can develop a session/s that meets your students’ learning needs. Some of the themes we can support are:
- Our national day – Anzac Day what it means, it’s history and a hands on session making traditional paper poppies
- Communicating in the Navy using Semaphore, Morse and Signalling
- Getting from A to B – navigating with the Navy
- Defending Auckland – the Museum’s former role as a Torpedo Mining Station
- New Zealand’s naval commitment to the First World War
- The New Zealand Navy in the Second World War
- Women in the Royal New Zealand Naval Service (WRENS)
- Handling artefacts
- How to research using archives and other historic sources
- Uncovering museums.
If you can’t see your focus above, please get in touch and we’ll work with you to tailor a programme to support your inquiry email@example.com