This uniform was donated by Christina McDonald. She joined the Royal New Zealand Nursing Corps in 1943 and was immediately seconded to HMNZS Philomel (Devonport Naval Base). She became the Sister in Charge of the brand new Royal New Zealand Naval Hospital.
In 1946 she reverted back to the Army and managed the hospital in Japan for the occupying J Force. She stayed there until 1949, when she returned to Philomel as the Matron of the RNZN Hospital. She left the hospital in 1956, later becoming the principal Matron of the Royal New Zealand Nursing Corps before retiring in 1958.